BAY CONSORTIUM WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT BOARD
The Bay Consortium Workforce Development Board (BCWDB) has one comprehensive Career Works Center and two affiliate Centers to serve employers in our region. The BCWDB coordinates workforce training and career services through federal funding from the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). Check out the video here to the right to learn more about our Business Services.
Services available to all Employers include:
- Register with the Virginia Workforce Connection
- Post Job Openings
- Applicant Screening
- Pre-Employment Assessments
- Skill Proficiency Testing
- Training and Conference Rooms
- Job Fair and Interview Space
- Job Fair/Event Planning
- Recruiting & Referral services
- Applicant Screening
- Tax Filing & Registration
- Veteran targeting
- Training of Existing Staff
- Certificate & Degree programs
- Training Reimbursement
- Youth workforce support
- Education & training for youths at no cost
- Training for Seniors
- Job Retention Services
- Disability Awareness Training
- Supported Employment Training Program
- Company Closing Employee Support
- Workforce staff makes available at no cost recruiting and referral services to employers.
- Workforce staff can assist employers by screening and referring applicants for job vacancies, providing critical labor market information for business and economic planning, Trade Act and EEO information.
- Unemployment Tax filing and registration.
- Veterans Representatives are available to assist employers with placing job orders targeting veterans.
- Customized training for your existing workforce.
- Workforce credentials, career certificate programs, and degree programs for Business Owners.
- Adult Educational Services, for those who are striving to improve their lives through GED test completion or English language skills improvement.
- Adult and Youth OJT program can assist employers with the cost of hiring and training a new employee, by reimbursing the employer up to 50% during the training period.
- A federally funded workforce program for youth, offering: at no cost education and training that helps young people learn a career, earn a high school diploma or GED, and find and keep a good job.
- Senior Community Services Employment Program (SCSEP), funded under the Older Americans Act, provides part-time training for low-income persons, aged fifty-five or older.
- Job Retention / Retention to Work Services.
- Disability Awareness Training to improve workplace environment and accessibility.
- Supported Employment Training Program.
- Rapid Response services guide your employees to appropriate services at their local workforce center in the unfortunate event of a company closing.
For other Employer Resources, check out our Resources page.
For more information please call or message:
Business Services Representative
Business Services are available in each of the following Planning Districts listed below:
George Washington Planning District
Serving the city of Fredericksburg and the counties of Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania and Stafford
Northern Neck Planning District
Serving the counties of Lancaster, Northumberland, Richmond, and Westmoreland
Middle Peninsula Planning District
Serving the counties of Essex, King and Queen, King William, Mathews and Middlesex
Eastern Shore Planning District
Serving the counties of Accomack and Northampton
Business Job Fair Survey
Please take a moment to complete the following survey below, so we may improve our future hiring events.