TAKE YOUR NEXT STEP AT A CAREER CENTER
Whether you are beginning a career path, need to sharpen your skills, or just want to find a new job, the knowledgeable and friendly team at our regional Career Works Centers can help you conduct a successful job search, update your skills, network with area employers, and connect with the right tools and resources.
Services We Can Offer You
We can help you with all aspects of the job search process such as
- Explore career options with referrals to jobs, job listings, and veteran services
- Find and apply for jobs. Job search opportunities and referral services are made available by qualified and knowledgeable staff.
- Research critical labor market information, Trade Act and EEO information.
- Learn to write resumes and cover letters and provide job search tips.
- Get priority service if you are a Veteran. Representatives are available to assist military veterans from all periods of military service with job referral, job training and job placement assistance.
- In the unfortunate event of company closure, we can provide Rapid Response services to guide individuals to appropriate services for Training, Benefits and Employment.
- File for Unemployment Insurance and receive answers to questions regarding supportive services.
- Receive case management, job coaching and follow-up services for eligible customers.
Our training programs are provided through the multiple funding sources of our partners and the Career Works Centers in our region to help you get the skills you need.
Depending on eligibility and program qualifications, you may be able to obtain:
- Case management & individual service plans
- Identification of training needs and coordination of training development
- In-depth assessment of interests, skills, knowledge, & goals
- Short- and long-term job readiness training
- Group and individual counseling
- Supportive services
- Access to child care & transportation services
- On-the-job training
- Occupational skills training
- Adult education and literacy
- Assistance with obtaining GED
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)
- Funding for training and supportive services for eligible Youth, Adults and Dislocated Workers
- Counseling, training and job placement for individuals with disabilities
- Help identifying and overcoming barriers to employment
- Employment and training services for individuals age 55 and over
- Workshops tailored to Job Seeker needs:
- Resume Writing Tips
- Internet Job Search
- Preparing for Job Interviews
- Best Practices for Cover Letters & Thank You Letters
- Provide Trade Adjustment Assistance: help with finding employment when your employer moves out of the country.
The resource room is provided as a part of the funding received from the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act. The resource room is available for use by ALL citizens and employers.
- Computers with Internet access
- Facsimile & copying services
- Space or phone/video conferencing for interviews upon request
- Phone access for details on job listing
- Posted classified ads and other job openings
- State and local business applications
- Online unemployment insurance filing
- Videos on various employment topics
- Information on Veteran Services, Trade Act Services, & the Migrant Seasonal Farm Worker Program
- Information on educational and training opportunities, & financial resources
- Information on performance measures in the local area
- Economic and labor market information
- Community partners who can assist you
JOB SEEKER RESOURCES
To find resources for all job seekers, please check out the links found on our Resources page
Eligible youth between the ages of 14–24 will be prepared for post-secondary educational opportunities or employment. All youth programs link academic and occupational learning.
Youth Services include the following:
- Study skills training
- Instruction leading to completion of secondary school
- Alternative school services
- Mentoring by appropriate adults
- Paid and unpaid work experience
- Occupational skills training
Youth participants also will receive guidance and counseling, and follow-up services for at least one year.
52 Campus Drive
Warsaw, VA 22572
2893 General Puller Highway
Urbanna, VA 23175
447 N. Main Street
Kilmarnock, VA 22482
29300 Lankford Highway
Melfa, VA 23410
25036 Lankford Highway
Onley, VA 23418